Wednesday, April 2, 2008

iCancersurvior: Woo Hoo ... Chemo Over

My Most Wonderful Family, Friends and Colleagues,
Woo Hoo...Yippee....

8 Series of Chemos over 16 weeks and about 25 plus visits with the wonderful Angels of Tower Oncology guided by Dr. Philomena McAndrew.
Gratefully the skillful, kind and awesome Dr. Jerrold Steiner took that "darn" port out!
I am finished with "Phase One"... and believe me an awesome milestone.

Good news is no more chemo... bad news is my poor body is trying to recover and it's a "process" with all sorts of "side dishes"... most recent is an infection I got last week... (was one of those Lady ones..."prime raising ingredient for bread they call them")... was NOT fun!!! But apparently "more normal"...oh joy...glad I'm "normal", I just wanna know is when we get back to what I call Normal...Big smile...

Feeling a bit better now, only to battle what seems to be a low grade cold and that nagging fatigue that just does not go away...oh how fun...and I thought this 2 week break between Chemo and Radiation was going to be kind of "Footloose"...oh well...I will have plenty of time to party when I've beaten the beast so I'm going to keep the focus...and try and keep doing as much work (nowhere near as much as I'd like) as I can, cause when I'm done...
I'm really ready to start "living", "working" and "playing" again...

Moving on to "Radiation" the glow in the dark" phase will start this Monday,
8 weeks 5 days a week over with a new group of Angels, related to Tower over at The Center of Radiation Therapy .. Did I mention I also get Tattoos with Radiation...more on my next update...

I must again apologize and hope you can forgive me for those calls and emails that I have just not been able to return I promise I will get there.. HOWEVER I really want each and everyone of you know I can NOT Thank each and everyone of you enough for all of your wonderful cards, letters, emails, flowers and goodies. I truly believe that without you I would not be able to do this...I will be forever grateful, thank you again truly you have all made me feel so very blessed.

Hope the Warm Sun of Spring Shines down upon each and everyone of you.
Much Love
Linda

The Most Recent Movie of the events of the past weeks


And Joe Gareri is moving along in his new job in India with some very entertaining photos and videos check out his blog.

No comments: